Tuesday, March 6, 2012

my soul in silence waits

Lent 2, Tuesday

Readings: Genesis 42:1-17; Psalm 62, 1 Corinthians 5:1-8, Mark 3:19b-35.

"For God alone my soul in silence waits; *
    from him comes my salvation." (Psalm 62:1)

Sometimes words are not good enough. Sometimes they get in the way. So for today's post, I'm going to post a link to a video that reflects a motif from Psalm 62, because I feel it more adequately sums up the feeling behind the verse. The song is entitled Mon âme se repose, or In God alone. This song comes from Songs & Prayers from Taizé. Since I am leaving for my pilgrimage to Taizé a week from tomorrow, I thought it would be fitting (especially since I'm starting to get anxious in my preparation for the trip). Enjoy!

The English lyrics are:
"In God alone my soul can find rest and peace, in God my peace and joy. 
Only in God my soul can find its rest, find its rest and peace."  


From the French they translate closer to:
"My soul rests in the peace of God alone: from him comes my peace.
Yes, only in God my soul rests, it rests in peace." 


 
http://sallysjourney.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c7a9f53ef0134897de722970c-800wi

No comments:

Post a Comment